A successful marketing plan focuses on gaining and retaining customers. It spells out all the tools and tactics needed to achieve your sales goals. So, what exactly are the elements you need to create your business’ marketing plan? Here’s a short and sweet list of the essentials to keep in mind:
- Align your content objectives and KPIs with your business goals.
- You must know whom you are targeting. Determining the demographics and psychographics of your target audience is a great place to start. You’ll also want to create a buyer’s persona. How do they behave? What kind of interests do they have?
- Communicate the value of your product or service to your customers. What makes your company so unique and different from the competition? Do your research and create a SWOT analysis.
- Ask yourself: What do you want your marketing plan to achieve? And through what effective marketing channels will you achieve them? Write down a short list of goals and make them measurable so that you’ll know when you have accomplished them.
- Keep track of your data. Google Analytics is a free marketing data tool, so there’s no excuse for not keeping a close eye on your data.
- The heart and soul of your marketing plan targets prospects at ALL stages of your sales cycle – both cold and warm prospects.